Tips For Winter Skin
- Hot water dries out your skin. Try a warm shower or bath instead.
- Always moisturize after a bath or shower. Pay special attention to elbows, knees and feet.
- Add oatmeal to your bath. Oatmeal will soothe rashes, eczema and dry skin.
- Moisturize your hands and feet overnight. Put on a thick moisturizer. I love shea butter. Then put on gloves and socks to hold the moisture in while you sleep.
- Protect your skin. Wear gloves or mittens when you are outside in the cold weather.
- Exfoliate. Remove the layer of dead skin cells from your skin before you moisturize.
I change my skin care products regularly. I use many different types of lotions and creams depending on what part of my body needs moisturizing. I have a very light moisturizers for my face and neck. I use a scented body lotion that is a medium weight on my body. I use a heavy moisturizing cream made of shea butter on my knees, elbows and feet. When my feet are tired or sore, I switch to a foot cream that contains peppermint essential oil to energize my feet and encourage blood flow.
What types of skin care products do you find help you pamper your skin during the cold, winter weather? Do you use the same products during the winter as in the summer or switch them up sometimes?
Like this post? Use the buttons below to share it to your favorite networks!